Where Culture Comes First
We treat our team as an extension of our family and here you will find a culture rooted in the empowerment and support of others.
Our award-winning culture has been recognized by AZ Top Companies To Work For, Glassdoor, Most Admired Companies, Phoenix Business Journal, and others. Check out this video to see what makes us, us.
DP Electric believes in giving back to our team as much as possible. This is why a large majority of our profits are funneled directly back into the company culture. DPE hosting appreciation lunches, a foreman's trip, profit sharing, a holiday party, and much more.
DP Electric’s learning and development team are here to support you in your career growth.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan
In 2021, DP Electric officially became an employee-owned company!
Benefits and Earning Potential
DPE offers employees medical, dental, and vision plans in addition to generous paid time off, 401k options, continued education opportunities, wellness plans, and company gym access.
FOCUS ON YOUR EDUCATION
The nationally accredited apprenticeship program at DP University is designed to give students an unmatched education experience by blending the curriculum designed by the NCCER along with the core values of DP Electric Inc. This four-year program encompasses classroom instruction coupled with on-the-job learning to create highly educated, well-rounded electricians. This program is offered at no expense to DP Electric employees and is recognized by the department of labor as an accredited program.
DP Electric Job Openings
DP Electric empowers our people to grow personally and professionally to create an exceptional experience for our team, our partners, and our community.
AWARD-WINNING LEADERSHIP, AWARD-WINNING CULTURE
- 2020 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company
- 2019 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2019 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2016 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Business: Most Admired Leader Founder/CEO, Dan Puente
- 2018 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2018 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Glassdoor Open Company
The Project Accountant is the lead person to support onsite/offsite project accounting. As an integral part of the accounting team, the Project Accountant will provide financial services to their assigned projects including contract review, billings, job cost reporting, subcontractor and general condition payments, and cash reporting. The position acts as a consultant to each Project Manager, our internal customers. This is an in-office position and will not have remote flexibility.
1. Project Administration
- Responsible for setting the approved budget and creating job in Vista.
- Reviewing contract to confirm OCIP, Tax, Labor Rate, etc. status.
- Prepare and review for accuracy a monthly Job Cost Report for the monthly WIP meetings.
- Prepare monthly over/under billing analysis
- Attend and participate in Job Kickoff, Monthly WIP and Job Close Out Meetings.
2. Accounts Receivable
- Process and manage all monthly contract and change order billings to meet time deadlines and ensure all costs are included.
- Responsible for the management of all accounts receivable collection for owned Projects.
- Bill and manage retention invoicing.
- Present in monthly AR meeting the status of all job receivables to maintain current status.
3. Indirect Responsibilities
- Assist Controller with specific projects.
- Assist the department when needed with AP, reporting, AR, etc.
- Assist with training for the accounting department and PM education.
- Assist with month end closing process.
- Provide year end support as required with review.
- Create and continuously improve all standard operating procedures for the Project Accounting Team.
- Minimum 3-years accounting experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least two years of accounting experience within the construction industry preferred, preferably for a commercial subcontractor.
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in all basic Microsoft Office programs, including Excel.
- Proficient with standard ERP systems.
- Understanding of waiver process and OCIP/CCIP process.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities. Must be detailed-oriented and focused.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary to meet all goals.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work independently in a changing and growing environment.
- Medical Insurance - Four different medical plans to choose from
- Dental Insurance - Three different dental plans to choose from
- Vision Insurance
- $25,000 Life Insurance Policy at no cost to employee
- Additional Life Insurance opportunity
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition reimbursement opportunity
- Continuing education through DP University
- Profit sharing opportunity
- Company fitness center
- Competitive market driven compensation
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen. DP Electric Inc is a drug free workplace. EOE.
CLICK THE LOGO TO SEE WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING ABOUT #LIFEATDPE
DP ELECTRIC INC | 2210 S. Roosevelt St. - Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.858.9070 | Recruiting@dpelectric.com