Project Engineer - Tempe, AZ
Award-Winning Leadership, Award-Winning Culture
- 2021 Became an Employee-Owned Company
- 2020, 2021, & 2022 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company
- 2019 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2019 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2016 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Business: Most Admired Leader Founder/CEO, Dan Puente
- 2018 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2018 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Glassdoor Open Company
The role of Project Engineer is vital within our construction management team, serving as a key technical resource for assigned projects. A comprehensive understanding of construction documents, subcontracts, and purchase orders is essential for success in this position. The Project Engineer will play a pivotal role in addressing inquiries related to drawings, specifications, shop drawings, and change orders, while maintaining productive and professional relationships with owners, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive Change Order logs to accurately track and document project modifications.
- Establish and manage Request for Information RFI logs to facilitate effective communication and timely resolution of project-related inquiries.
- Oversee end-of-project closeout activities, ensuring all necessary documentation and deliverables are completed in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the flow of RFIs, Potential Change Orders PCOs, and Architectural Supplemental Instructions ASIs for periodic operational analysis.
- Track, review, and facilitate the execution of submittals to the General Contractor, ensuring compliance with project requirements.
- Collaborate closely with Foremen to promote operational excellence and ensure project success.
- Act as an advocate for open communication and collaboration among all roles present on the jobsite.
- Uphold quality assurance standards throughout the project lifecycle, monitoring and addressing any deviations or issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of construction documents, subcontracts, and purchase orders.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively liaise with various stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in relevant software and tools used in construction management e.g., AutoCAD, Microsoft Project, Bluebeam.
- Strong problem-solving skills to address technical inquiries and resolve issues promptly.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment while also being self-motivated and proactive.
- Familiarity with industry regulations, codes, and standards.
- Previous experience in construction coordination or a related role is preferred.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background check. DP Electric Inc. is a drug free workplace. EOE.
DP Electric Inc. | 2210 S. Roosevelt St. - Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.858.9070 | email@example.com
CLICK THE LOGO TO SEE WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING ABOUT #LIFEATDPE!