PURCHASING AGENT - TEMPE, AZ
AWARD-WINNING LEADERSHIP, AWARD-WINNING CULTURE
- 2021 Became an Employee-Owned Company
- 2020, 2021, and 2022 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company
- 2019 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2019 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2016 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Business: Most Admired Leader Founder/CEO, Dan Puente
- 2018 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2018 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Glassdoor Open Company
The Purchasing Agent is responsible for identifying suppliers, researching goods, materials, services and equipment, processing purchase orders, and verifies that all purchased items were successfully delivered. A successful purchasing agent will be able to critically assess suppliers, products, and services, and negotiate the best possible deals. Ultimately, an outstanding purchasing agent has a keen sense of business and maintains meticulous transaction records.
- Researches and compares suppliers, goods, and services.
- Selects the most suitable suppliers in terms of reliability, product quality, and cost-efficiency.
- Monitors inventory levels and determines purchase needs.
- Requests cost proposals and negotiates contracts and prices.
- Quotes and tracks job material buy-outs.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders.
- Maintains records of all transactions, purchase orders, receipts, and payments.
- Schedules and verifies purchase deliveries.
- Builds and maintains positive, long-term supplier relations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, or a related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience as a purchasing agent or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in CRM and inventory management software programs.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong organization and documentation skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background check. DP Electric Inc. is a drug free workplace. EOE.
DP Electric Inc. | 2210 S. Roosevelt St. - Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.858.9070 | firstname.lastname@example.org