Journeyman Electrician - Greater Austin Metro
Award-Winning Leadership, Award-Winning Culture
- 2021 Became an Employee-Owned Company
- 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company
- 2019 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2022 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2021 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2019 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2016 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Business: Most Admired Leader Founder/CEO, Dan Puente
- 2018 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2018 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Glassdoor Open Company
The Journeyman Electrician will be responsible for installing, maintaining, and repairing electrical systems and equipment in a variety of settings. The ideal candidate should be able to work independently or as part of a team, have strong problem-solving skills, and a commitment to safety and quality.
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical systems and equipment including wiring, transformers, switchgear, motors, and other electrical components.
- Bend and install various types of conduit, including EMT, rigid, and PVC.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose electrical problems and recommend solutions.
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematics, and other technical diagrams.
- Install electrical systems according to industry standards and regulations.
- Conduct regular inspections of electrical systems to ensure they are following safety regulations and standards.
- Coordinate with other trades and contractors on construction sites to ensure timely completion of projects.
- Train and mentor apprentices and other electricians.
- Maintain accurate records of electrical work performed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must hold a valid State of Texas Journeyman Electrical License.
- Completion of a certified apprenticeship program is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Commercial Electrician.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems and equipment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Commitment to safety and quality.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and overtime as needed.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Physical ability to lift and carry heavy equipment and materials, work in confined spaces and at heights, and stand, kneel, bend, and climb for extended periods.
- Ability to perform a wide range of physical movements, including bending, stooping, crawling, climbing, kneeling, balancing, pushing, pulling, and reaching overhead.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs and work with heavy electrical equipment and objects such as light fixtures, wire, conduit, junction boxes, motors, and other equipment.
- Ability to work from various heights using A-Frames, extension ladders, boom lifts, scaffolds, and aerial work platforms.
- Ability to dig and work in trenches.
- Good vision normal or corrected and ability to identify and separate wires by color.
- Ability to stand for 80% of the day.
- Ability to carry material from one location to another or floor to floor.
- Ability to lift and work with tools above head.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background check. DP Electric Inc. is a drug free workplace. EOE.
DP Electric Inc. | 2210 S. Roosevelt St. - Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.858.9070 | firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK THE LOGO TO SEE WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING ABOUT #LIFEATDPE!