PROJECT ACCOUNTANT - TEMPE, AZ
AWARD-WINNING LEADERSHIP, AWARD-WINNING CULTURE
- 2020, 2021, and 2022 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2019 Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Private Company
- 2019 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2019 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2016 AZ Central Top Company to work for
- 2018 AZ Business: Most Admired Leader Founder/CEO, Dan Puente
- 2018 Phoenix Business Journal: Most Admired Company
- 2018 Arizona Corporate Excellence Award
- Glassdoor Open Company
The Project Accountant is the lead person to support onsite/offsite project accounting. As an integral part of the accounting team, the Project Accountant will provide financial services to their assigned projects including contract review, billings, job cost reporting, subcontractor and general condition payments, and cash reporting. The position acts as a consultant to each Project Manager, our internal customers. This is an in-office position and will not have remote flexibility.
- Responsible for setting the approved budget and creating job in Vista.
- Reviewing contract to confirm OCIP, Tax, Labor Rate, etc. status.
- Prepare and review for accuracy a monthly Job Cost Report for the monthly WIP meetings.
- Prepare monthly over/under billing analysis.
- Attend and participate in Job Kickoff, Monthly WIP and Job Close Out Meetings.
- Process and manage all monthly contract and change order billings to meet time deadlines and ensure all costs are included.
- Responsible for the management of all accounts receivable collection for owned Projects.
- Bill and manage retention invoicing.
- Present in monthly AR meeting the status of all job receivables to maintain current status.
- Assist Controller with specific projects.
- Assist the department when needed with AP, reporting, AR, etc.
- Assist with training for the accounting department and PM education.
- Assist with month end closing process.
- Provide year end support as required with review.
- Create and continuously improve all standard operating procedures for the Project Accounting Team.
- Minimum 3-years accounting experience with a High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- At least two years of accounting experience within the construction industry preferred, preferably for a commercial subcontractor.
- Strong technology skills with proficiency in all basic Microsoft Office programs, including Excel.
- Proficient with standard ERP systems.
- Understanding of waiver process and OCIP/CCIP process.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities. Must be detailed-oriented and focused.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary to meet all goals.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and work independently in a changing and growing environment.
Hiring is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and drug screen. DP Electric Inc is a drug free workplace. EOE.
DP Electric Inc. | 2210 S. Roosevelt St. - Tempe, AZ 85282 | 480.858.9070 | email@example.com
CLICK THE LOGO TO SEE WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING ABOUT #LIFEATDPE!