While 2020 provided more than its fair share of obstacles for DP Electric and the nation, we are proud to be celebrating 30 years in business and our fourth AZCentral Top Company Award. For 30 years, DP Electric has taken pride in maintaining a family culture and providing a superior level of service to our clients, and in 2020 it truly showed. As we look back on 2020, we would like to acknowledge and highlight some of the year’s accomplishments.
- DP University Apprenticeship Program – DP Electric founded DP University in 2016 to offer leadership development and safety training classes to employees. In 2020, DP Electric brought apprenticeship training in-house and now offers a fully NCCER accredited 4-year apprenticeship program through DP University. The company currently provides free classes to over 80 employees.
- Navigating COVID – As an essential service, DP Electric kept our team working and completed multiple large projects in 2020 including the Phoenix Sky Harbor Sky Train extension. The company sent out frequent video announcements to employees to increase communication throughout the pandemic. To allow team members to return to work quickly and safely, DP Electric hired a 3rd party testing company to test at the DPE office twice a week and receive results the same day.
- AZCentral Top Company Award – DP Electric won its 4th AZCentral Top Company Award. We previously won this award in 2016, 2018 & 2019.
- Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work – DP Electric won the Phoenix Business Journal Best Places to Work award for the first time and placed 4th. This award is presented to companies that go above and beyond for their employees and create award-winning cultures.
- Dan Puente, ABA Chairman – In February 2020, the Arizona Builders Alliance appointed Dan Puente as the 2020 chairman. Dan has been active in the ABA for 19 years and has served 7 years on the Board of Directors. In 2020, his focus was to increase the education and workforce development efforts and create opportunities for young people to get early exposure to the construction industry.
DP Electric would like to thank our clients, partners, and employees for being a key part of the success in 2020. We look forward to a continued partnership and are very excited for what the future holds.
About DP Electric
DP Electric is one of the leading, full-service electrical contracting firms in Arizona with a focus in aviation, corporate office, healthcare, mission-critical, hospitality, higher education, medium voltage, and renewable energy. Over the last 30 years, DP Electric has built a reputation for dependable people and dependable performance. DP Electric’s mission is to empower our people to grow personally and professionally to create an exceptional experience for our team, our partners, and our community.